Merchant & Mills Expedition Cotton Dry Oilskin Tan
Best quality heavy weight dry oilskin made in the UK.
A warm tan shade. The finish is drier and crisper than our other oilskins with a matte appearance.
This type of oilskin is water resistant, so this means that the water doesn’t completely run off it, but it won’t come through to the other side either. Unlike normal oilskin there would be no oil transfer so you don’t need to line your garment or bag.
Expedition would be great for a heavy weight Jack Tar bag or RTR Rucksack.
- 155cm wide.
- 464gsm – heavy and sturdy.
- Made in the UK.
- Treated with an emulsified wax. This binds a wax-based product with water to give a non-oily finish. The solutions are heat-processed into the cloth for a longer lasting finish and higher performance. The finish is vegan.
- This material can be washed by hand, but it would need re-proofing with our spray and the surface does change, so it is best to avoid any washing if you can.
- Do not iron, just finger press.
- Do not use any interfacing with this type of oilskin.
All Merchant & Mills oilskins are sent folded unless otherwise requested. There is an additional charge for oilskin orders totalling less than 10m to be sent rolled.
Whole width fabric is sold in 50cm increments. Price is per 50cm. For lengths greater than 50cm please select QTY2+ and so on.