Wonder Art Workshop
In Wonder Art Workshop, educator and educational development expert Sally Haughey shares her approach to hands-on, play-based learning with parents, teachers, and other facilitators, offering 25 activities that let your child take the lead in developing their own sense of intrinsic motivation to imagine, experiment, and discover. The authors wonder-based approach reflects and synthesizes several child-cantered educational movements, including Reggio Emilia, Waldorf, and Montessori. Become a catalyst for cultivating your child's curious mind through these steps and activities, which start with art and apply to other subjects, including science and literacy:
* Take stock for your wonder journey with helpful guidance on collecting materials, preparing a space, and nurturing the process while allowing children to make independent choices.
* Harness curiosity through a collection of sensory-based activities that use a variety of loose parts and other creative materials for open-ended play.
* Encourage experimentation by unleashing your child's inner alchemist with "potion trays" they can use to mix colour, create fizzing concoctions, make play dough, and more.
* Unlock literacy play with activities that inspire children to imagine and create their own characters, structures, and landscapes.
* Learn to capture a child's journey of wonder through photographs, recordings, and creative artefacts.
Give your children the precious gifts of wonder and curiosity and help them become the best they can be with Wonder Art Workshop.