"The Knitter's Picnic" - 14-16 May 2021
"The Knitter's Picnic" - 14-16 May 2021
Hive & Gobbler is excited to host "The Knitter's Picnic" on the back lawn of the old Dungog Inn, Friday 14th May - Sunday 16th May 2021.
PICNIC - LIVE MUSIC - FREE FIBRE ART DEMOS & MINI WORKSHOPS - GALLERY EXHIBITION - WINE & GOURMET FOOD - LOCAL PRODUCE - LOCAL ART & CRAFT
All welcome: beginners, the more experienced, children and curious observers!
Come for an hour, the day, or the weekend! As there’s lots to do in Dungog!
**Day-Pass Holders will have exclusive event access, be able to participate in free fibre arts demos and mini workshops, and also be able to take advantage of special weekend in-store discounts. All patrons will need to purchase a ticket for admission.
EVENT PROGRAM. This event will run daily 9am-4pm. Demos and workshops will include:
- various knitting techniques and styles (including learning various styles of casting on/casting off, i-cords and short rows). Demos running everyday.
- spinning fibres (Newcastle Spinners & Weavers Guild on-site Friday & Sunday)
- "Understanding Fibre and Dyeing Demonstration" with Angela of Blackwattle Yarn @blackwattleyarn (Sat 15 May) - two sessions running 10am and 1:30pm - FREE, but you will still need to book, as spots are limited.
- “Nålebinding” an old fabric creation technique which predates both knitting and crochet will be demonstrated by Vicki Cornish @bonsaiwoman (Fri 14 May)
- "Follow Threads of Interest and Explore Your Creativity" with Jacqui Fink @jacquifink (Sat 15 May)
- "Pressed Flower frames" with Alexandra @floralimpressions_by_alexandra (Sat 15 May - please note this is a seperately charged workshop)
- "Making Felted Slippers" with Petra Hilsen (Sun 16 May - please note this will be a separately charged workshop, see our workshop program for details)
- “Beginner Macrame” with Anna Asquith from WhatKnotMacrame (Sun 16 May) - making earrings and plant hangars. (Please note this will be a separately charged workshop)
- "Beginner Weaving - Flower Looms" with Kelly from Spindle & Company @spindleandcompany (Sun 16 May - please note this will be a separately charged workshop)
- "Knitting Circle" with Jennifer Smart from Great Southern Yarn @greatsouthernyarn (Sun 16 May)
- kids fibre arts activities (FREE everyday)
- and more...
WINE & FOOD. Wine and gourmet food will be provided for purchase in collaboration with local businesses, including Boydells Wine (Gresford) and Stella Bistro (Dungog). Picnic hampers are available for purchase, but must be ordered before Tuesday 11 May at this link, and can be picked up onsite on the day of your order. BYO alcohol is not permitted.
LIVE MUSIC. The live music program will consist of:
CHILDREN. Children are free but will also require a ticket so that total visitor numbers can be monitored. Baby change facilities will be available onsite for your convenience.
WHAT TO BRING. Your own picnic rug or fold-up chair, sunscreen and hat! Oh, and your latest craft project if you'd like to finish it picnic-style! We look forward to seeing you in Dungog!!
REGISTRATION. All patrons will be required to register on arrival using QR code, and will be issued wrist bands. There will be a specific registration desk onsite for this. Wrist-bands will be issued by colour, depending on your ticket and will allow you to move in and out of the premise as you need.
RUBBISH. Please dispose of all personal rubbish responsibly. Recycling options for coffee cups (Coffee Cup Rescue program), and other recyclables via yellow-lidded bins and general waste will be available onsite.
SMOKING. The venue is non-smoking but you will be able to move freely and smoke outside of event premises at any time.
COVID Refunds. Tickets will be fully refundable in the event of a COVID outbreak, or to customers who find themselves unable to participate because of travel restrictions from a COVID hotspot.
LIVE MUSIC - FURTHER INFORMATION:
If it is a cool arvo vibe or an upbeat dance, Elisa can perform a range of Pop/folk songs for any occasion!