“The Knitter's Picnic" - 13-15 May 2022
"The Knitter's Picnic" - 13-15 May 2022
Hive & Gobbler is excited to host "The Knitter's Picnic" on the back lawn of the old Dungog Inn, Friday 13th May - Sunday 15th May 2022.
PICNIC - LIVE MUSIC - FREE FIBRE ART DEMOS & MINI WORKSHOPS - GALLERY EXHIBITION - WINE & GOURMET FOOD - LOCAL PRODUCE - LOCAL ART & CRAFT
All welcome: beginners, the more experienced, children and curious observers!
Come for an hour, the day, or the weekend! As there’s lots to do in Dungog!
**Day-Pass Holders will have exclusive event access, be able to participate in free fibre arts demos and mini workshops, and also be able to take advantage of special weekend in-store discounts. All patrons will need to purchase a ticket for admission.
2021 EVENT PROGRAM. This event ran daily 9am-4pm, with live music from 10:30am. A similiar style of program will run again in May 2022. Details to be released next year!!
Demos and workshops in our 2021 event program included:
- various knitting techniques and styles (including learning various styles of casting on/casting off, i-cords and short rows). Demos running everyday.
- spinning fibres (Newcastle Spinners & Weavers Guild)
- "Understanding Fibre & Dyeing Demonstration" with Angela of Blackwattle Yarn @blackwattleyarn
- "Nalebinding" an old fabric creation technique which predates both knitting and crochet was demonstrated by Vicki Cornish @bonsaiwoman
- "Follow Threads of Interest & Explore Your Creativity" talk with Jacqui Fink @jacquifink
- "Making Felted Slippers" with Petra Hilsen
- "Beginner Macrame" with Anna Asquith from WhatKnotMacrame
- "Beginner Weaving - Flower Looms" with Kelly from Spindle & Company @spindleandcompany
- "Knitting Circle" with Jennifer Smart from Great Southern Yarn @greatsouthernyarn
- kids fibre arts activities (FREE everyday), and a kids mini-skein dyeing workshop with Rhonda from Three Trees Fibre Crafts
- and more...
WINE & FOOD. Wine and gourmet food will be provided for purchase in collaboration with local businesses. BYO alcohol is not permitted, but you are welcome to bring your own picnic food or food from other local cafes (*please dispose of your rubbish!)
LIVE MUSIC. The live music program, playing from 10:30am daily.
CHILDREN. Children are free but will also require a ticket so that total visitor numbers can be monitored. Baby change facilities will be available onsite for your convenience.
WHAT TO BRING. Your own picnic rug or fold-up chair, sunscreen and hat! Oh, and your latest craft project if you'd like to finish it picnic-style! We look forward to seeing you in Dungog!!
REGISTRATION. All patrons will be required to register on arrival using QR code, and will be issued wrist bands. There will be a specific registration desk onsite for this. Wrist-bands will be issued by colour, depending on your ticket and will allow you to move in and out of the premise as you need.
RUBBISH. Please dispose of all personal rubbish responsibly. Recycling options for coffee cups (Coffee Cup Rescue program), and other recyclables via yellow-lidded bins and general waste will be available onsite.
SMOKING. The venue is non-smoking but you will be able to move freely and smoke outside of event premises at any time.
COVID Refunds. Tickets will be fully refundable in the event of a COVID outbreak, or to customers who find themselves unable to participate because of travel restrictions from a COVID hotspot.
PLAN YOUR VISIT. To find out more about our shop, or a visit to Dungog, please CLICK HERE.