Mending with Love
Extend the life of well-worn, beloved pieces using these creative techniques.
Mending With Love shows you how to apply embroidery, patching, darning, felting, stamping and a little crochet to worn pieces of clothing or household linens. Instead of stowing or throwing away damaged pieces that hold happy memories, you can employ these beautiful, sustainable ideas to ensure continued use.
With this book, you'll learn to:
- Repair both knitted and woven fabrics
- Work with flat and curved surfaces
- Artfully repair comfy, well-made socks and gloves
- Make a statement through creative patching
- Fill in holes with roving using felting techniques
- Use embroidery to visibly mend frays or damage from the odd cat claw
- And apply other tips and techniques to torn, worn, or stained favorites