Hard Cheese Making Kit
The Hard Cheese Kit Makes 9 Delicious Cheeses:
- Large Curd Cottage Cheese
- Farmhouse Cheddar
- Monterey Jack
This is a Beginner Cheese Kit, ideal for those with no cheese making experience.
The kit comes with a detailed easy to follow directions demystifying the steps in the art of cheese making, and can be used with regular full cream milk, straight from the supermarket.
This Kit Contains:
- Instruction Booklet
- 200 mm Dairy Thermometre
- Rennet (Suitable for Vegetarians) (Up to 40 batches)
- 2 x Direct Inoculation Mesophilic Hard Curd Starter (100 Litre sachet - from SACCO)
- 165 mm Cheese Basket and Follower
- Sample Block of Cheese Wax
- Natural bristle Wax Brush
- Loose Weave Cheese Cloth
- 50 ml Calcium Chloride
- 250 gm Cheese Salt
- 2 x Free Sterile Jars, for storing the culture
You Will Need: (most of which can be found in your kitchen)
- Stainless steel pot to place your milk in large enough to hold eight to ten litres
- A second, larger pot to place your first pot in, to act as a water jacket, so you can indirectly heat your milk
- Large stainless steel or enamel colander
- Stainless steel perforated spoon
- Stainless steel curd knife
- Stainless steel ladle
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mini measuring spoons (optional)
- Somewhere to age your cheese (10 to 15 deg C)
- Cheese Press - Stainless Steel with 22kg spring
How Much Does It Make?
All of these cheeses use the same culture, and our new kit comes with 2 sachets of culture containing a total of 24 doses. Make all of the cheeses, or make your favourite cheese 24 times!