Camembert Cheese Kit
The kit comes with a detailed easy to follow directions demystifying all the steps in the camembert making process, and can be used with regular full cream milk, straight from the supermarket.
How Does It Work?
Camembert & Brie are made with these simple steps;
- Milk is warmed
- Calcium chloride is added
- Starter culture and mould are added
- The milk is allowed to sit, maintaining the temperature
- Rennet is added causing the milk to coagulate into a single large curd
- The curd is cut and stirred to drain off whey
- The curds are placed in Camembert or Brie hoops to drain off the whey
- The hoops are turned to expel the whey evenly
- The Camembert or Brie is salted and then aged at 10 to 15 deg C in a ripening box
This Kit Contains:
- Instruction booklet
- 200 mm Dairy thermometer
- Rennet(Suitable for Vegetarians) (Up to 40 batches)
- Direct Inoculation Mesophilic hard curd starter culture (100 Litre sachet - from SACCO)
- Direct Inoculation Penicillium Candidum White Mould (30 dose container)
- 4 x 100 mm Camembert Hoops (Most kits we see have only 2 hoops!)
- 10 sheets of Cheese wrap
- 50 ml Calciun chloride
- 250 gm cheese salt
- Free Sterile Jar
You Will Need: (most of which can be found in your kitchen)
- Stainless steel pot to place your milk in large enough to hold four litres
- A second, larger pot to place your first pot in, to act as a water jacket, so you can indirectly heat your milk
- Stainless steel perforated spoon
- Stainless steel curd knife
- Stainless steel ladle
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mini measuring spoons (optional)
- 2 Draining mats
- 2 Cheese boards
- Ripening box
- Somewhere to age your cheese (10 to 15 deg C)
How Much Does It Make?
Our Camembert Cheese Kit makes 25 batches of Camembert Cheese, with each batch producing 4 individual Camembert Cheeses.
Please Note: The kit includes a culture pack that requires storage in a freezer on arrival.
Please see the video Dosing Cheese Culture at www.greenlivingaustralia.com.au