Deluxe Natural Dye Kit
Discover the magic of plants, and learn to dye beautiful textiles with sustainable, eco-friendly, raw pigments from nature.
SIX different sustainable natural plant dyes (some commonly used, some rare) included, to achieve a wide range of colours, from greys to reds, purples, yellows, golds and greens.
Dye natural CELLULOSE based fibres, such as linen, flax, bamboo, rayon, hemp, cotton, or any other plant sourced fibre. You can dye fabric, yarn, or roving, made from these fibres.
Each type of dye is used to achieve different colours. Experiment, mix or match. Each tube contains concentrated plant material dye powder or shavings to dye up to 3 pounds of fibre (or more).
Perfect for the beginner natural dyer who isn't sure where to start or which natural dye they would like to try. This kit would also be great for experienced dyers who want simplicity and convenience in their dying routine. The kit is even great as a gift for the knitter or fibre artist in your life who would love to try something new!
- Annatto Seed Powder (.8 oz) Bixa orellana
- Black Walnut Hull Powder (.8 oz) Juglans nigra
- Madder Root Powder (.5 oz) Rubia tinctorum
- Turmeric Root Powder (.8 oz) Curcuma longa
- Alkanet Root Powder (.5 oz) Batschia canescens
- Osage Orange Tree Bark Shavings (.5 oz)- Maclura pomifera
- Aluminum Acetate (1oz)
- Soda Ash (Sodium Carbonate) (1oz)
Natural Dye Study Journal
Handcrafted 40-page specialty journal printed on premium, acid free, textured art paper. Includes detailed instructions on dyeing all types of celullose based textiles and fibres, tips and information to get you started, and a step-by-step follow along project. There are pages to take notes and sketch or paint, as well as four detailed project sample and note pages for keeping record of your dyed projects so you can recreate them. Size A7.
- Yarn and fibre are not included in this kit. Any additional item, yarn, wool or fibre in the photos are examples or props and are not included.
- These are handmade items may naturally have some slight variation between each item. Photos are taken with natural lighting to try and display the most accurate representation of each product, however your computer, phone, or tablet device may display colours a little differently depending on that device’s individual settings.