Bees & Sustainability – Sat 17 Apr 2021
Bees are simply amazing; in fact, you can easily have a hive (or two) right in your own back yard!
- Your garden will love being pollinated by your own resident bees, and harvesting a little honey & wax from your own place is incredible.
In this workshop, you’ll be taken on a journey into sustainable natural bee-keeping.
- You’ll learn about the wonderful world of Australian native bees, and then focus on the most extraordinary and productive bee of all: “The European Honey Bee”.
- Your presenter (Dr Michael) will show you what truly sustainable natural bee keeping looks like, and just how easy it is to host a bee-colony - in any location.
- The information presented is the very latest in (scientifically-based) sustainable natural & backyard beeping, where you’ll learn what bees really need and how you can help them achieve it.
The workshop presents a wealth of practical information & know-how, and by the end:
- you’ll have confidence to explore your own sustainable natural bee-journey, and
- you’ll be connected to the vibrant and supportive network of new beekeepers across Dungog and the Williams Valley.
Time: From 10am
Location: 211 Dowling Street, Dungog NSW (rear backyard)
Parking: Dowling St or nearby side streets
Elements of this workshop will be run outside so you can enjoy our beautiful outdoor space. If it is too hot, windy or wet, we will be indoors in air conditioning.