Art as Medicine : Spring Workshop – Saturday September 17
Dive into an exploration and celebration of Spring, through Art !
In this workshop you’ll be guided through two shamanic journeys exploring your personal myths and archetypes, while immersing into the regenerative energy of Spring. Bringing back new insight to express through creative writing and shamanic mask making. Between the two art processes there will be a tea ceremony, with locally grown, Reiki infused herbal tea.
About your teacher :
Chel King is a Transpersonal Art Therapist (Adv. Dip. Sydney College of Complimentary Medicine), Reiki Master Teacher and Tattoo Artist who has spent the past decade dedicating herself to exploration of the psyche and using art as medicine. Chel believes that the journey through our inner landscapes is just as important as the journey through our natural, Earth landscapes. Without a balance of each there can be no true peace within ourselves or the world. Chel’s passion lies in holding space for spiritual emergence and crisis, and creating a sacred space where art and medicine come together. Chel works with clients 1:1 at her private practice in Clarence Town and holds group therapy sessions, art workshops, meditation sessions and numerous classes and events both online and in person.
In this workshop you will :
* Gain an understanding of Transpersonal Art Therapy and how you can utilise it for many life situations.
* Be guided through 2 meditative shamanic journeys.
* Participate in 2 therapeutic creative arts processes including creatively writing your own personal myth, and a hands on exercise making a shamanic, paper character mask.
* Gain insight into the archetypes that reside in your subconscious and how you can utilise them for support and guidance.
* Create two pieces of art to take home.
* Receive support from a qualified professional.
* Connection and potential friendship from a small group of like-minded humans.
Snacks for yourself for the Tea Ceremony (optional)
A bottle of water
A yoga mat or cushion to sit on
Blanket or cosy clothes if weather is cool
Hat and/or sunscreen ; preferred sun protection
No artistic skill or prior experience required. All materials provided. These workshops are open to everyone from ages 15 and up.
Location : Rear of 211 Dowling Street, Dungog NSW
Parking : Dowling St or nearby side streets
Please note that this workshop will be run outside so you can enjoy our beautiful outdoor space. If it is too hot, windy or wet, we will be indoors.