2023 Knitter's Picnic - 19-21 May 2023
"The 2023 Knitter's Picnic" - Friday to Sunday May 19-21
Dungog will host "The Knitter's Picnic" on the back lawn of the old Dungog Inn, Friday 19 May - Sunday 21 May 2023
PICNIC - LIVE MUSIC - FREE FIBRE ART DEMOS & MINI WORKSHOPS - LOCAL ART & CRAFT - “FRIDAY” MARKET DAY
All welcome: beginner crafters, the more experienced, children and curious observers! @theknitterspicnic
Come for an hour, the day, or the weekend! As there’s lots to do in Dungog!
2022 EVENT PROGRAM. The event will run 9am-4pm daily. We will also have a “Friday market day” with numerous stall holders on Friday 13 May.
Our 2022 program included
- Sue Connor (@playing.with.fibre): natural dyeing & crocheted jute baskets
- Vicki Cornish (@bonsaiwoman): nalbinding workshop & fibre preparation talk
- Norton Fredericks (@retritus) natural dyeing
- Victoria Larnach (@victoria.larnach) natural indigo vat dyeing
- Kat Walser (@oliphantkat) brioche knitting
- Petra Hilsen (@petra_hilsen_felt) rag rug making (Fri & Sat) and FREE kids activities (Sat & Sun mornings)
- Rhonda Lever (@threetreesfibrecrafts): kids yarn dyeing workshop
- Anna Asquith (@WhatKnotMacrame): beginner macrame workshops
- Kelly Mason (@spindleandcompany): drum carder & tweed batt demo and talk ‘Easing Anxiety through Spinning Talk'
- NSW Knitters Guild - “Knitting Tips & Tricks” - “learn new skills” FREE drop in sessions with Sally Ogilvie - Saturday only
- tea cosie display & chat by the talented Laney Laverty (@teacosy2020)
- Wet felting demos by textile & fibre artist, Tara Mann (@creativemann20) - Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- lace-making demo by members of the Australian Lace Guild (NSW Branch) - Saturday & Sunday only
- spinning & carding demos
Our Friday Market Day saw a fabulous number of your favourite crafting businesses, creators, makers and growers come to Dungog!!
WINE & FOOD. Wine and gourmet food will be provided for purchase in collaboration with local businesses. BYO alcohol is not permitted, but you are welcome to bring your own picnic food or food from other local cafes (*please dispose of your rubbish!)
FRIDAY MARKET DAY. Growers, gourmet traders, makers, crafters, artisans, craft-suppliers, indie-dyers, upcyclers! 30 stallholders!!
CHILDREN. Children are FREE but will also require a ticket so that total visitor numbers can be monitored. Baby change facilities will be available onsite for your convenience.
WET WEATHER. Please note that suitable plans are in place on-site over the weekend in the event of rain! A number small businesses around town have also offered to help provide space for groups to escape to, in the event that things get very wet, including The Royal Hotel (visit their website here for venue & entertainment details on offer over the Knitter’s Picnic weekend).
WHAT TO BRING. Your own picnic rug or fold-up chair, sunscreen and hat! Oh, and your latest craft project if you'd like to finish it picnic-style! We look forward to seeing you in Dungog!!
REGISTRATION. All patrons will be required to register on arrival, and will be issued event wrist bands. There will be a specific registration desk onsite for this. Wrist-bands will be issued by colour, depending on your ticket and will allow you to move in and out of the premise as you need.
RUBBISH. Please dispose of all personal rubbish responsibly. Recycling options for coffee cups (Coffee Cup Rescue program), and other recyclables via yellow-lidded bins and general waste will be available onsite.
SMOKING. The old Dungog Inn is non-smoking but you will be able to move freely and smoke outside of event premises at any time.
COVID Refunds. Tickets will be fully refundable in the event of a COVID outbreak, or to customers who find themselves unable to participate because of travel restrictions from a COVID hotspot.
PLAN YOUR VISIT. To find out more about our shop, or a visit to Dungog, please CLICK HERE.